Renovations insurance and non-standard household

Whether you are a residential property owner or commercial property owner, if you are undertaking major renovation work to a property we have access to insurers who can cover the existing structure and the contract works.  You may find that, depending on the size of the contract or scope of work involved, your existing insurer may decline to continue cover for the duration of the work.  Alternatively, they may provide some cover but on a very limited basis.  We can provide a policy for you with the following features:

  • Wide policy coverage, usually on an “All Risks” basis – including accidental damage, theft and malicious damage
  • Cover for the contract works, existing structure and contents under one policy
  • Meets the requirements of standard JCT terms
  • The ability for the policy to be written in the joint names of the property owner and contractor if required by the contract

In addition, we are also able to provide solutions for those risks which many insurers deem to be “non-standard” and traditionally difficult to place.  We have access to niche markets which enables us to provide terms for a number of non-standard risks including (but not limited to):

  • Thatched homes
  • Unoccupied homes
  • Homes which have previously suffered flooding or subsidence, or considered to be in high risk areas